Great news! We’ve just reached a landmark milestone: £10,000,000 of loans funded. £3,400,000 of those loans have already successfully repaid and the lenders on our loans have received 8%+ p.a. interest since launch (with some lenders getting up to 12%!).
Blend Network launched in January 2018 with the aim of becoming the ‘Goldman Sachs of P2P lending’. Fast forward 24 months we have managed to build trust & reputation, been recognised with several industry awards, created an enviable track-record of 8%+ return for our lenders and helped experienced property developers build more homes.
Along the way came many successes.
- September 2018: Blend Network was selected as one of the top-tech FinTech companies by the Mayor of London’s TechInvest program and invited to attend the Mayor of London’s office to present its innovative concept.
- December 2018: Blend Network completed its over-subscribed late-seed equity round which featured in The Sunday Times and was supported by a number of notable investors including Cyrus Ardalan, former Vice Chairman of Barclays and current Chairman of OakNorth Bank and Citigroup Global Markets Ltd, the Family Office of former CEO and current Chairman of Publicis Group Maurice Levy and Jean-Phillipe Blochet, co-founder of Brevan Howard, one of the leading “macro hedge funds” which at its peak had $40bn in assets under management.
- January 2019: Blend Network hired heavyweight property expert Paul Watson as its Head of Origination. Paul joined Blend Network from Octopus Property Group.
- May 2019: Blend Network continued to expand its origination and underwriting team with 2 more hires: Daniel Netzer, former property developer, and Morgan Sparrow, property graduate, joined our growing team of property experts.
- June 2019: Blend Network was selected as finalist for Specialist Lender of the Year and Best P2P Business Lender at the Growth Finance Awards 2019.
- July 2019: Blend Network was selected as finalist in the Best Investment in FinTech category at the UKBAA Angel Investment Awards.
- August 2019: Blend Network was nominated for the Altfi People’s Choice Awards 2019.
- October 2019: Blend Network agreed to fund its largest single loan to date, a £2,335,000 total loan facility, which was funded in just over 24-hours.
- November 2019: Blend Network was selected as a finalist the Tech for Good Award 2019 at the UK PropTech Association Awards and won recognition as a fast-paced secondary market in P2P property development funding at NextFin Awards 2019.
- December 2019: Blend Network reached £10m of loans funded.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our lenders and borrowers for their support. These successes would not have been possible without you (literally!)
If you are not a lender with Blend Network yet, take a look at the 10%+ interest loans we have available on www.blendnetwork and consider lending now.